Responsible for conducting pre-flight maintenance tasks and tests on aircraft this could be on-board a frigate, destroyer, helicopter carrier at a Royal Navy air station or with a front line squadron based overseas.
- There are no minimum qualification requirements
- You’ll need to be aged at least 15 years and 9 months old when you apply, and under 35 years old when you begin basic training
- You need to be over 16 years old on entry
- You need to be a minimum height of 151.5cm and within the healthy range for Body Mass Index (BMI)
- You must be a British or Irish national, a Commonwealth citizen who has lived in the UK continuously for the 5 years prior to applying, or a dual national
What you need to be eligible to be a rating:
- nationality and residency
- criminal convictions
- tattoos and piercings
click here for more details.
Day one - 10 weeks at HMS Raleigh, learning basic military skills.
First Promotion, leading hands - Further training, more responsibility, lead junior ratings
First Year - Complete your task book and learn on the job
Professional training - develop you professional training skills and earn NVQs.
Second promotion,Petty Officer - becomes a manager, take responsibility for defect diagnosis.
National Government Policy states that all students should have achieved at least a Grade 4 or C Grade in English & Maths at GCSE. Achieving this minimum grade in these subjects will increase the opportunities open to you, support your future career development and prospects.
Students who do not meet this standard will be supported to continue to study English and Maths through full-time education or an Apprenticeship.
- Ability to work well in a team
- A keen interest in engineering
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
£18,000 to £48,000