Aviation firefighters will fight fires in aircrafts and buildings at airports they will also deal with hazardous spills and provide rescue and first-aid services for aircraft passengers and crew and provide technical advice about fire safety as well as assisting in educating airport users about firefighting and safety.
Personal qualities and physical fitness are more important for this role than academic abilities although a good level of general education would be expected.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to keep calm in dangerous situations
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Physically fit
- Comfortable working at heights
- The ability to assess a situation and make decision on the best course of action
- Confidence and resilience
- Patience and understanding
- The ability to follow instructions effectively
£22,000 to £30,000