The Department Manager is responsible for a specific department within the store; it will be their responsibility to ensure that the merchandise in the department is correctly displayed and that customers visiting the department are served. They will also be responsible for staff working in their department and for ensuring that the housekeeping for the department is maintained.
Basic GCSE's (grades 9-4/A-C) would be useful especially in English and Maths. Experience working in a retail environment, vast product knowledge and passionate about the products that you are selling are essential. Some companies offer trainee management courses or apprenticeships, although you may need Level 3 qualifications to join these (A Levels or equivalent).
- Good communication
- The ability to motivate others
- Able to work well in a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to make decisions and remain calm when under pressure
- An understanding of budgeting and the ability to analyse sales figures.
£16,000 to £25,000