Health and Safety Inspectors will ensure that employers comply with all aspects of the health and safety laws to reduce risk of accidents, ill health and injury in the workplace. They will often specialise in a particular area such as construction, forestry or hazardous goods.
An appropriate science or engineering degree is recommended for this particular role.
- Good problem solving and negotiating abilities
- A good understanding of industrial technology
- The ability to communicate effectively even in difficult circumstances
- Confidence and resilience
- A commitment to keeping up to date with new developments
- An understanding of legal matters that apply to health and safety in the workplace
£26,000 to £29,000