A Jedi works as a member of the Jedi Order and studies, serves and uses the mystical energies of the Force. Usually a Jedi is aligned to the light side of the Force and strives for peace and justice in the galaxy.
Jedi are diametrically opposed to the machinations of the Sith and Dark Jedi, who study and adhere to the dark side of the Force.
Jedi positions are rare and you would normally have to have been identified at an early age so you should aslo consider some alternatives:
- If you are good at listening, teaching, negotiating and enjoy helping people, you should also consider a career in youth work, education, social work or health care
- If you see yourself as more of a protector then perhaps working for the Police, Fire or Ambulance Service could be for you.
- If you like science fiction, perhaps you should think about writing, or working in the film or videogame industry
- If you are athletic, perhaps a career in sports beckons?
- Whatever you decide, remember that the Force will be with you, always
Becoming a Jedi requires an astute mind and an unwavering commitment to training which is often performed in swamps.
Anger, fear and aggression are not useful for this role and may in fact preclude you from adering to Jedi standards.
Size matters not.
- Force sensitivity (Can you lift a spaceship using only your mind?)
- Athletic ability
- Martial arts
- Do. Or do not. There is no try