Coordinates the marketing department and sets the strategy for the commissioning of marketing and PR campaigns, they would be required to communicates the results of the marketing activity to senior management to aid the creation of the strategic direction of the company.
There are no set entry requirements. You'll usually need 3 to 5 years' experience as a marketing executive, sales manager or public relations officer.
You may need a degree in marketing or business, or a professional marketing qualification.
Another option is to start as a junior marketing manager or marketing apprentice and work your way up.
Career Path and Progression
With experience, you could become a regional manager or marketing director. You could also become a brand or account director.
Another option is to become a freelance marketing consultant.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing has details of training and professional development.
Related careers you may be interested in:
- Digital marketing officer
- Advertising media planner
- Advertising account planner
- Marketing executive
- Marketing director
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative approach
- Good leadership and motivation skills
- Attention to details
- The ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Confidence to sell your ideas
£25,000 to £55,000