A Road Haulage Load Planner will be responsible for transferring goods around the country in the most efficient and cost effective way. They will decide how many vehicles are required to deliver a particular shipment, how the vehicles should be loaded to maximise space, how long it will take to get the shipment to its destination taking into account driving regulations and the safest way to load and unload the goods.
There are no specific qualifications required for this role, although most employers will look for a good general standard of education. Entry is possible through an apprenticeship.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- Good IT skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A good geographical knowledge
- Good team working abilities
£16,000 to £19,000