A Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the movement of goods from manufacture and supply through to the retailer. They will plan delivery timetables, ensure stores have enough stock, monitor stock levels at the supplier to meet demand, track products to make sure they arrive at their destination on time.
There are no set requirements for this role but some employers may look for a qualification in a subject such as Logistics, international transport supply chain management, transport management, geography.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- Good IT skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A good geographical knowledge
- The ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent planning skills
- Attention to detail
£20,000 to £25,000