The Transport Manager will plan and co-ordinate operations to ensure the efficient transportation of customers or products. They will make sure that goods or passengers reach their destination safely and on time.
There are no set entry requirements for this role, you could start out as a driver, team leader or administrator and work you way up. A degree or HND in logistics, transport management, business management, supply chain management or operations may help you get onto a management trainee programme.
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Good at problem solving
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- The ability to think logically
- Good IT skills
- Able to manage budgets
- A good understanding of traffic regulations
£23,000 to £28,000