Insurance underwriters decide whether to insure a person or company, and set out the details of insurance policies. They analyses the risk associated with a potential client to decide whether they should be accepted, and if so on what terms and at what price.
No set requirements though experience as an underwriting assistant in a call centre could help you access this role.
A degree in business, maths or economics can help you get onto a graduate training scheme or an internship with an organisation.
You could also get into this job via an apprenticeship.
- confidence in decision making
- ability to work to deadlines
- good customer service skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- self motivation
- good negotiation skills
- statistical and mathematics abilities
£15,000 to £100,000