For many years Bolton Metals Limited has specialised in the production of high strength and corrosion resistant brasses and bronzes and due to continuous research and investment has remained one of the top producers in this field.
We make products for a variety of industries and most aerospace and defence clients use our product, as do many other major companies in other sectors such as petrochemicals and construction.
What we do
We manufacture products for a wide range of companies and uses, such as:
- General Engineering: applications for our alloys include fasteners, valve guides, syncromesh rings, machine bearings, cams and structural fittings.
- Naval: we have long been supplying products to this demanding sector. Marine industry applications for our alloys include leisure boat fittings, marine gears, impellor shafts, fasteners and corrosion resistant parts
- Aerospace: the aerospace industry uses our alloys for bearings and bushings in landing gear, brake components, wing actuators and hydraulic pump parts.
- Defense: our products are used for surface ships such as destroyers and aircraft carriers as well as submarines, our products include components, fasteners, high load bearings and corrosion resistant parts.
- Oil and Gas: industry applications for our alloys include non—sparking tools (a vital safety measure in this industry), as well as connectors for underwater machinery.
There are a wide variety of roles available at Bolton Metals and we're always keen to find skilled and enthusiastic people to join our workforce.
Roles can include:
This role involves working on a wide range of manual/automated machines, preparing billet pieces and producing semi-finished components, ensuring all work is carried out to the highest standards and adhering to Quality requirements at all times. A keen eye for detail is what's required for this position.
Technical Laboratory Operator
Our operators support the Laboratories with practical and administrative activities ensuring high quality standards are met at all times.
This position is an important role within the Inspection department. You will be responsible for the final inspection of finished products before they are despatched to the customer. Working closely with other departments, you will be required to ensure that all of our products meet the requirements of any order, and the high expectations of our customers.
If you would like to know more about the roles available with us then visit our vacancies page.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about Bolton Metals, the work we do or how you can get involved please visit our website or contact us. Don't forget to follow us here on icanbea... for the latest updates!