What we do
The Eastern Enterprise Hub is a 'not for profit' organisation and the leading provider of entrepreneurial support in the East of England.
It was set up by the private and public sector community in 2011 to offer in depth support to new entrepreneurs. Since January 2011, the Eastern Enterprise Hub has supported over 1000 entrepreneurs who have driven business growth and employment across the East of England, through the creation of new enterprises and social enterprises.
Eastern Enterprise Hub
The Eastern Enterprise Hub is a dynamic space in the heart of Suffolk, bringing together business leaders and budding entrepreneurs
View some of the exciting and innovative things we are doing in the space on this page... and, if you like it, visit our YouTube Channel and share it with your friends.
Our current programmes cover Norwich, Ipswich and Colchester working with Ipswich Borough Council and Essex County Council. We also run in partnership the Games Hub is Colchester and Ipswich working with Essex University and University of Suffolk and their students to help them set up game development businesses.
* Cool 10 Environmental Entrepreneurs - to support the development of new environmental entrepreneurs with a vision to deliver economic growth by creating green businesses or individuals who can shape the environmental business approach of an existing organisation.
* Inspiring Enterprise Programme (Previously Essex Creative Entrepreneurs Programme) - a dynamic and engaging course for digital entrepreneurs who want to launch, market and monetise their business ideas.
* Colchester Games Hub - for individuals living in Colchester who have an interest in making games and/or starting their own studio.
* Ipswich Games Hub - Developing Entrepreneurial Skills for the Gaming Industry in partnership with University of Suffolk.
* Ipswich Entrepreneurs - provides accessible and beneficial support for individuals who want to set-up a business in the Ipswich area.
* Lloyds Bank Social Entrepreneurs Programme - gives you a fully funded year of learning and a grant to help you develop and grow your own project.
* Tranzfuser Project - The Eastern Enterprise Hub is the regional partner for the UK Games Talent's new Tranzfuser project which provides an annual shot of top talent into the UK development ecosystem with a particular focus on creative team leaders of the future.
* Grow Your Future Programme - In partnership with Suffolk County Council and Easton & Otley College, the Eastern Enterprise Hub is encouraging rural start-ups in Suffolk to become more entrepreneurial, through the FREE Grow Your Future Programme.
* Inspiring Entrepreneurs for the Care Sector - A programme to provide accessible and beneficial support for individuals who wish to work in the care sector as micro business owners.
* Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre partnership - Free eight day training program covering everything a new business needs from creative thinking to financial planning led by the Eastern Enterprise Hub and University of Suffolk academics. - The IWIC will provide networking and collaborative opportunities with subject areas including: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Digital Creative, Leadership.
The main Hub is located in Ipswich and supports individuals who will drive business growth and employment across the East of England through the creation of new enterprises and social enterprises. We help to equip students with the business knowledge, confidence and connections they will need to create a successful enterprise and also provide business incubation, hot-desking and wider enterprise support.
The Colchester Hub is a fantastic example of collaboration. Based at Knowledge Gateway, University of Essex, we have brought together educators, business leaders, the public sector and enterprise agencies with one aim - to help people from all walks of life to set up successful enterprises.
Our recent expansion plans included the Norwich Hub, which opened its doors to local entrepreneurs and business representatives on 22 October 2013.