Diss Waveney Rotary was formed in 2016, aiming to provide professional and business people with an opportunity to get involved in local and international community projects and to meet like-minded people in the local area.
Hands-on volunteering, fundraising, challenge events, sharing our professional skills to help local charities develop – these are just some of the activities we get involved in – as well as having fun while we’re doing it!
Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA)
Rotary recognises that today's young people are tomorrow's leaders and they often need help to make themselves more valuable to their community and organisations. RYLA is a Rotary International project with a proven record of personal development and leadership for young people.
The RYLA is designed to improve participants’ confidence and understanding of themselves. The course programme includes:
- fundamentals of positive leadership
- importance of communication skills
- problem-solving and conflict management
- building self-confidence and self-esteem
- the value of teamwork in business and the community
- what Rotary is and what it does for the local community