Skanska, established in 1887, is one of the world’s leading project development and construction groups. The UK operation is one of the country’s top contractors.
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build for a better society. Known for major projects, such as the Gherkin and Crossrail, we are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our quest to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
Operating around the world in selected home markets in Europe and the US, Skanska is listed on the Stockholm stock exchange and headquartered in Sweden’s capital city.
Purpose and values
Our purpose is to build for a better society.
Skanska’s values-driven approach was publically applauded in 2014 when Skanska AB was awarded the FT ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Award for corporate responsibility and environment.
Recent project highlights
• The design, construction, operation and maintenance of the UK’s biggest hospital project, the £1 billion redevelopment of St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London.
• In joint venture, Skanska delivered the £1 billion widening of the M25, one of the world’s busiest motorways, ahead of schedule in 2012. A £320 million design and construction contract to upgrade further sections was again completed early in 2014. We are also part of the team managing and maintaining the 440km of motorway until 2039.
• With a value of more than £400 million, seven Crossrail contracts have been secured by a Costain Skanska joint venture since 2010, including Bond Street and Paddington stations.
• Battersea Power Station Development – Skanska is delivering engineering services for phase one of this London mega project, and is preferred bidder for phase two, the prestigious power station development.
• Water – Skanska is delivering long-term value for Thames Water, Welsh Water and Anglian Water, using collaborative working to create broad-based, innovative solutions that benefit consumers.
• In the last 10 years, we’ve built, refurbished and extended over 40 schools in Bristol to deliver over 7,500 new primary places, and improved the learning environment for more than 13,600 secondary pupils.
• New Papworth Hospital – part of a new biomedical campus in Cambridge, this cardiothoracic centre of excellence will provide 310 beds, seven operating theatres and five catheterisation labs, funded through a private-finance initiative.
• The Monument Building in London and 66 Queen Square in Bristol are Skanska’s first UK developments under our Workplaces by Skanska banner, bringing distinctive, high-quality and sustainable office and retail space to a competitive market.
Careers at Skanska
We are Skanska. One of the UK’s leading construction contractors, we’re an inclusive, responsible business that’s helping to build a better society.
Where can you build for a better society?
We are looking for people to join our team in a number of diverse roles. We're interested in technical expertise, leading people and those who can deliver successful projects on time and on budget.
People are the heart of our business. It's why we place such a strong emphasis on creating the right working culture. One that's based on a collective respect for ethics and principles, where you're encouraged to really make the most of your talents.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Find out more
If you’re ready to start your career and would like to work on some of the country’s most interesting, challenging and rewarding projects, we’d love to hear from you. Visit our Careers website to find out more.