Applications for this role are now closed.
2022 Development Operations Apprenticeship Programme - Corporate Risk & Broking Technology, Ipswich 22000124
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 130 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
We deliver best client outcomes by fully integrating and mobilising Willis Towers Watson’s global relationship with carriers, providing specialist broking expertise throughout the client experience. We are connected by global Business Lines and coordinated with Geography to apply deep knowledge of our clients and industries to deliver results.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 DevOps Engineer Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for delivering automated solutions across software delivery and maintenance processes, building CI/CD pipelines, managing Cloud resources and monitoring Azure applications. There will be a large focus on helping the organisation continue its DevOps journey.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Implement automation across the software delivery process whilst reducing manual effort required for build and deployment tasks.
- Build of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Install, configure and maintain development, staging and production environments.
- Work with service quality on Azure for monitoring, alerting, incident & change management.
- Monitoring cloud based applications and microservices.
- Managing multiple projects in line with network and security principles
- Works with Service Management and Developers to monitor Azure application and cloud services to detect inefficiencies, faults and issues and make recommendations on/make improvements
- Work closely with product, developers and engineering teams to build Azure based solutions
- Ensure best practice in usage of cloud services including security recommendations and cost/budget management
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 18 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
At least one A-Level in a STEM subject
- Educated to Level 3 in IT (A level or BTEC or apprenticeship)
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) in any subject at grade A-C including Maths
- Some exposure to C#, Python and/or PowerShell beneficial.
- A sense of curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
If you possess a IT related degree or a Level 4 digital apprenticeship, unfortunatley you cannot currently be considered for this role.
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: Online testing
Stage 3: Video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on “How to Ace your Video Interview”. Click here to sign up and watch it!
Stage 4: Online assessment centre
Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
In partnership with Willis Towers Watson, this module will help you prepare for upcoming interviews. With a key focus on video interviews, Willis Towers Watson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2022.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Ipswich
The closing date for this job offer is on 29/07/2022
This job is located in Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
About Willis Towers Watson
We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, as...