Applications for this role are now closed.
2022 Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship Programme, London or Ipswich 220002RC
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 130 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
This is an opportunity to work in the Procurement Global Sourcing and Category Management teams supporting the Corporate Procurement line of business which manages all 3rd party supplier spend for goods and services covering the following spend category’s for Technology, Real Estate, Professional Services, HR, Outsourcing and Marketing spend.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
Location: Ipswich / London / Hybrid working
The chosen candidate will support all Supplier Sourcing and Procurement processes, they will have to review supplier proposals and have a good mathematical and commercial approach to spend / value for money, they will support and sometimes lead supplier discussions, working alongside UK and US Procurement Category Managers in supporting the team understand supplier proposals and solutions to ensure the business requirements are fully meet, making changes where necessary, and ensuring supplier communications are managed and maintained.
They will also be expected to make and recommend supplier proposals and solutions to enable the organisation to achieve its goals whilst meeting commercial and financial budgetary targets. Works with Procurement Category teams to help them understand and improve the effectiveness of the functions work. They will also support and communicate business stakeholders throughout sourcing processes and phases of project lifecycles, from conceptual idea through to supplier selection and contracting to capture Procurement benefits realisation
- support key global sourcing processes and teams for RFI’s / RFP’s creation and responses
- manage local sourcing events and negotiating mid-low value vendor contract renewals and commercial terms
- support Category managers to plan and develop future savings pipeline opportunities
- challenge and identify sourcing process improvements
- support Category Planning delivery, design, develop, document and implementation
- document current sourcing processes and assist in the development of options and recommendations for change
- use a range of contract and supplier performance monitoring, management and reporting techniques to ensure that cost, service, quality and sustainability objectives are being achieved and maintained
- develop the ability to use spend management tools and support category managers in using spend data
- understand how procurement savings and benefits are tracked and measured and their impact on the business
- contact point for Procurement queries from business stakeholders and regional counterparts
- support and understand legal contracting processes and renewals
- tactical sourcing – use of spend management tools (Ariba)
- develop and good understanding of contracting processes and renewals management as well as basic contract and legal terms
- provide and have good communications and stakeholder management skills
- create a positive team working stakeholder relationships and support the overall S&CM team and Procurement team strategy.
- to put the interests of WTW, clients and the integrity at the heart of the way you a WTW do business
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24 month programme where you will be provided with on the job training and a highly competitive study support package to study for a Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS). You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) in any subject at grade A-C including Maths
- IT literate and a competent user of Microsoft Office tools especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Desired knowledge or experience in negotiating with suppliers and other spend
- Excellent communications skills written and verbal
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2022.
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: Online testing
Stage 3: Video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on “How to Ace your Video Interview”. Click here to sign up and watch it!
Stage 4: Online assessment centre
Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
In partnership with Willis Towers Watson, this module will help you prepare for upcoming interviews. With a key focus on video interviews, Willis Towers Watson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Ipswich
The closing date for this job offer is on 29/07/2022
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Willis Towers Watson
We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, as...