We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The entrepreneurial businesses we work with are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious and high-growth businesses that fuel the economy – and the owners and management teams that lead them.
- Our Tax professionals draw on their comprehensive experience to deliver industry-leading insights and innovation. Our tax services include advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more.
Tax is a rewarding area for diverse personalities, whether you enjoy untangling complex technical details, working with technology, relish connecting with and helping brilliant people, or love solving problems in new and unique ways. There are always fresh challenges to face as part of the Tax team.
The Tax School Leaver Apprenticeship Programme
Our four-year Tax School Leaver Apprenticeship Programme is your opportunity to combine work experience with achieving your professional qualifications. We'll cover your fees and give you the training and support you need to balance your work and studies. Training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and commercial skills that will help you become a fully rounded professional.
We have opportunities in the following Tax teams;
- Private Wealth - London Tax Group – London
- Partnerships - London Tax Group
- Corporate and Mergers & Acquisition Tax Services - London Tax Group
- Real Estate - London Tax Group – London
- VAT - London
This programme will begin in September 2024
What we’re looking for
We want you to thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for the following:
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A*-C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- Grade 9-4 in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
- Ability and commitment to balance study and professional work
- Strong desire to understand our business and achieve your full potential
- Candidates who hold an undergraduate degree are not eligible for this programme, but are welcome to explore our graduate programmes.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. We’re always looking for ways to invest in and develop our people. That means providing you with an environment where you can grow, learn and feel respected, at all times.
Why Accountancy at BDO?
Ask anyone what they love about working at BDO and they'll tell you it's the people. We're a friendly and diverse bunch who work hard to achieve the best outcomes and know how to have fun too. We work in an agile way, with a mix of time in the office, at client sites and from home. We’re prioritising time in the office to really support your development as part of the programme so it’s important to live a commutable distance from the office.
We’re also committed to your wellbeing. Agile working gives you flexibility around how you work to achieve the best quality outcomes for you, your team and the firm. And we offer an extensive range of benefits that cover your lifestyle, protection, money and wellbeing – everything you need to perform at your best in and out of work.
This is where it all begins. Start your career journey with BDO.
Closing date to apply: 26th March 2024
Our firm is distinctive and we want to preserve and build on the strengths of our culture and the characteristics that make us both successful and different. We look for people from all kinds of backgrounds who share these same qualities.
The closing date for this job offer is on 26/03/2024
£22,700 - £24,000
This job is located in London and Ipswich, London and Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.