12th October 2021
Office Technician - this role has been developed to raise awareness of the various functions of the office. This particular role is office based.
This new position will take the candidate through the whole job process from receiving job requests from the customer, allocation of jobs to our operatives, carrying out evaluation surveys regarding quality of service being delivered.
This role gives candidate the opportunity to find about the various jobs within the office environment and work experience so that you can apply for the Mears business administration, project management and accountancy apprenticeship programmes or a full time role within the office environment.
Initially the office technician will have the opportunity to listen, observe and participate in a range of tasks which will enable you gain new skills and knowledge that contribute to the running of an office.
The job role will entail a range of tasks which could include some of the following:
1. Greet and welcome visitors to the office, maintain and ensure that reception area is kept tidy and professional.
2. Receiving and transferring calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing on to the relevant parties.
3. Reporting telephone equipment and line faults to the relevant department.
4. Ordering stationary and other provisions.
5. Maintain the room booking system.
6. Support the administrative processes – inputting data onto the databases.
7. Carrying out customer surveys.
8. Communicating with staff and operatives, customers and clients.
9. Minute taking and facilitating meetings where appropriate.
10. To undertake any other duties as required by the Company from time to time and have a flexible approach.
Through this programme the office technician will be fully supported by a full member of staff.
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/12/2021
This job is located in
Ipswich, IP3 9SL
About South Suffolk Kickstart Vacancies (GOV)
If you’re aged 16-24 and interested in a Kickstart vacancy, you need to be on Universal Credit. To check eligibility and find out how to apply, send your JCP work coach a journal message with the job title, employer name and postcode you are interested in.