18th November 2021
The Charity Shop Retail Assistant will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a high standard of customer service is maintained at all times.
- Pricing stock at a consistent level in accordance with respective shop guidelines.
-Working on the frontline with customers, serving on the till or on the shop floor.
- Assisting (where possible) with the sale of online goods including eBay and other sites.
- Help with the implementation of Gift Aid claiming in the shop.
- Ensuring that a high standard of display presentation is maintained, both in the window and the interior.
- Ensuring that safety measures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Ensuring that all merchandise is clearly ticketed and accurately priced.
- Sharing new ideas for ways of improving or increasing sales within the shop which could include suggestions for new displays, seasonal promotions, tombola's etc.
- Ensuring that stock is quickly and efficiently sorted throughout the day.
- Ensuring that the sales area is kept well stocked with goods being rotated as required and that merchandise is in good saleable condition.
- Checking quality, size and condition of all merchandise offered for sale.
- Dealing with all administrative paperwork correctly and promptly, in particular that related to Gift Aid Reporting problems to the shop manager as required.
- Accurately record all Gift Aid sales.
- Ensuring that all sales are properly recorded and that all money is kept safe and secure.
- Keeping valuable donations in a safe place.
- Having adequate knowledge about the Branch so that customer and volunteer queries can be answered.
- Undertaking other duties as required for the effective running of the shop.
The closing date for this job offer is on 06/12/2021
This job is located in
Ipswich, IP4 1AU
About South Suffolk Kickstart Vacancies (GOV)
If you’re aged 16-24 and interested in a Kickstart vacancy, you need to be on Universal Credit. To check eligibility and find out how to apply, send your JCP work coach a journal message with the job title, employer name and postcode you are interested in.