Applications for this role are now closed.
About the employer
Sembmarine SLP is focused on the offshore wind renewables market, capable of providing hook-up and commissioning, operational maintenance, and logistics services. We work closely with the Sembcorp Marine group of companies to offer the market a complete end to end solution, including engineering, procurement, construction, and installation of offshore substations.
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic.
Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
Quick learner prepared to study and complete qualifications.
Good attention to detail.
The apprentice position requires an individual seeking a career in Finance and who has the ability and drive to learn the accounts payable, management accounting and payroll functions. There must be a strong understanding for the need of accuracy, confidentiality, and housekeeping.
Deliverables will include, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare purchase orders for approval.
- Match purchase orders to GRN’s & invoices electronically.
- Register Invoices onto the system.
- Scan invoices onto the system.
- Deal with supplier queries.
- Filing (Electronic).
- Preparing supplier payments runs and daily bank statement reconciliations.
- Assist with detailed overhead analysis to assist in the preparation of journals and to support the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and highlight discrepancies to the management accountant.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register, including additions, disposals and preparing the monthly depreciation journal.
- Update the group financial reporting software (COGNOS) with the monthly financials.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly payroll.
- Assist in the maintenance of the payroll/time and attendance system for new starters, terminations, and other employee changes.
- Prepare payroll journals.
The closing date for this job offer is on 13/06/2021
This job is located in Lowestoft
More Information and How to Apply
Kaplan combines 70 years of educational and learning excellence with leading online learning technologies, award-winning study materials and support from the industry's most experienced tutors and assessors who are dedicated to ensuring success in your studies...