As a trainee accountant you will follow formal training for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification alongside on the job training. You will get started on real client work, such as accounts preparation, as soon as you have settled in. Your role will be primarily task focused, with regular reviews by more senior staff throughout assignments. Your development will mirror our ethos of 'different because you are' and we will ensure that your training and experience is right for you and how you want to progress. The AAT is a recognised apprenticeship framework therefore; this job mirrors an accountancy apprenticeship but with enhanced pay and benefits.
The AAT trainee accountant job will start in the summer of 2021.
We are currently looking for AAT trainee accountants to join our Norwich office.
As an AAT trainee accountant you will:
- Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks concerning the professional work within a group to which assigned
- Carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and neat and meet required standards
- Undertake study as agreed for role
- Undertake secondments to other departments/offices as required
- Dealing with basic client queries and requests for information
- Build constructive relationships with other team members
- Keep an accurate and effective record of own time
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services when opportunities arise
- Be friendly, motivated and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an awareness of the services provided by the firm
- Learn new things quickly and be eager to learn
- Use your own initiative and be able to identify when assistance is needed in finding a technical solution
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication skills, in order to communicate with colleagues and partners and start to communicate with clients regarding basic information/queries
- Be methodical and organised
- Show enthusiasm to develop your technical knowledge, skills and experience
- Be aware of the need to meet deadlines set and the importance of raising any issues with senior members of staff
Minimum Entry Requirements
- 3 A levels or equivalent at grade C or above
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade 4/C or above including Maths and English language
- All other requirements for membership must be met
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/07/2021
£8,576.75 - £16,437.20
This job is located in Norwich, Broadland Business Park
More Information and How to Apply
About Lovewell Blake
Lovewell Blake is one of the region's leading accountants, business advisers and financial planners. Our teams comprise experienced and highly qualified experts skilled at helping businesses, individuals and charity/not for profit organisations.