We are looking for an enthusiastic trainee to join our team in the Norwich office.
We have a large number of clients for which we prepare accounts and tax returns as well as giving business advice to on a regular basis, making the work very varied and interesting. The reason our clients value us as their adviser is because we make a point of building a picture of each client, which pulls in all the things that make each one different. This allows us to wrap individual service and advice around each client, which suits them perfectly and which they really appreciate. That’s why we’re different – because each one of our clients is different.
We offer a full training package which includes professional training for the AAT (Association of accounts technicians) qualification, along with a structured approach to training in the office which will allow you to learn how to prepare accounts, calculate tax liabilities and many other skills that you would require to become a fully trained member of the team.
We don’t only understand that each of our clients are different, we understand that each of our employees are different. We work with each and every one of our employees on an individual basis to ensure the training and development they receive supports their specific learning objectives and career aspirations. There are many routes which you can progress your career with us, including opportunities within the various departments and further training for ACA/ACCA qualifications is also offered.
If you would like to understand a little more about what life at Lovewell Blake is like, you can view our video here.
- Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks concerning the professional work within a group to which assigned, including accounts preparation and audit
- Carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and neat and meet required standards
- Undertake secondments to other departments/offices as required
- Deal with basic client queries and requests for information
- Build constructive relationships with other team members
- Keep an accurate and effective record of own time
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services when opportunities arise
- We strongly encourage networking with other professionals and potential new clients as well as taking part in social events with colleagues across the firm. Community involvement is a big part of the culture at the firm and you will be given opportunities to take part in fundraising activities too.
We are looking for a good level of verbal and written communication skills with an enthusiasm to learn. An organised person with good attention to detail and a positive attitude would fit well with the existing team. We offer varied staff benefits and a friendly working environment.
Our entry requirements are:
- 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above or
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade 4 (or C) including Maths and English
- All other requirements for ATT membership must be met
And you will also:
- Be friendly, motivated and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an awareness of the services provided by the firm
- Learn new things quickly and be eager to learn
- Use your own initiative and be able to identify when assistance is needed in finding a technical solution
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication skills, in order to communicate with colleagues and partners and start to communicate with clients regarding basic information/queries
- Be methodical and organised
- Show enthusiasm to develop your technical knowledge, skills and experience
- Be aware of the need to meet deadlines set and the importance of raising any issues with senior members of staff
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Lovewell Blake
For opportunities with us, check our page here and the careers section of our website! Our people are our most valuable asset. Lovewell Blake is one of the region's leading accountants, business advisers and financial planners. Our teams comprise experienced...