We are looking for an enthusiastic trainee to join our tax department in our Norwich office.
Our tax department team has a large number of clients for which we prepare their tax returns and give tax advice on a regular basis. The work is extremely varied and interesting.
We offer tax trainees a full training package to include professional training for the tax qualification ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) together with a structured approach to training in the office to learn how to prepare tax returns, calculate tax liabilities and many other skills required to become a fully trained member of the tax department.
There are many routes to progress your career with us. We have opportunities to progress within the tax compliance department as well as in the tax consultancy group who specialise in other areas of tax such as Corporation Tax (for companies), Inheritance Tax, and VAT. Further exam training for the CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation) qualification is undertaken by some of our group.
A few of our more recent trainees have made a video about their experience of working for Lovewell Blake.
One member of our tax team has written an article providing a snapshot of her typical working week as a tax assistant which you may like to read. Here is a link to her article.
The reason our clients value us as their adviser is because we make a point of building a picture of each client, which pulls in all the things that make each one different. This allows us to wrap individual service and advice around each client, which suits them perfectly and which they really appreciate. That’s why we’re different – because each one of our clients is different.
We don’t only understand that each of our clients are different, we understand that each of our employees are different. We work with each and every one of our employees on an individual basis to ensure the training and development they receive supports their specific learning objectives and career aspirations. We are committed to nurturing and developing the talent of all of our employees, whatever stage of their career they may be at.
- Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks concerning the professional work within a group to which assigned
- Carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and neat and meet required standards
- Undertake study as agreed for role
- Undertake secondments to other departments/offices as required
- Dealing with basic client queries and requests for information
- Build constructive relationships with other team members
- Keep an accurate and effective record of own time
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services when opportunities arise
Our entry requirements are:
- 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above or
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade 4 (or C) including Maths and English
- All other requirements for ATT membership must be met
And you will also:
- Be friendly, motivated and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an awareness of the services provided by the firm
- Learn new things quickly and be eager to learn
- Use your own initiative and be able to identify when assistance is needed in finding a technical solution
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication skills, in order to communicate with colleagues and partners and start to communicate with clients regarding basic information/queries
- Be methodical and organised
- Show enthusiasm to develop your technical knowledge, skills and experience
- Be aware of the need to meet deadlines set and the importance of raising any issues with senior members of staff
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2019
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Lovewell Blake
For opportunities with us, check our page here and the careers section of our website! Our people are our most valuable asset. Lovewell Blake is one of the region's leading accountants, business advisers and financial planners. Our teams comprise experienced...