Are you an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with an interest in a career in finance?
Are you looking for an apprenticeship in a growing and dynamic business?
Do you have strong numeracy skills and good attention to detail?
…if so, then our apprenticeship at Sanctuary Personnel could give you the opportunity to kick-start your career and develop within an ambitious, technology focused, high performing organisation.
About the Business
Sanctuary is a leading supplier of people and services to the public and private sector, specialising in Health and Social Care. We have an ambitious strategy to grow our profitability over the next 3 years, leveraging our marketing leading credentials and strong client relationships. We’re developing new client-centric technology solutions and expanding Internationally. We require an accounts apprentice to support the delivery of timely and accurate monthly business results.
Sanctuary is recognised across the industry as being a leader in its markets. Established for over 15 years and employing over 200 people, the head office is located in the centre of Ipswich. We are regularly shortlisted for local and national awards, having won the EADT Business of the Year in 2017, the Best Client Service award at the National Recruitment Industry Awards in 2020, the Best Public Sector Recruitment Agency at the National Recruitment Industry Awards in 2019, and being one of the top 15 largest companies in the region (Grant Thornton Suffolk Limited 100, 2019).
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
You will be working in a team geared towards performance with an open corporate culture that values the contribution of every individual.
We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of teamwork and the opportunity to play a vital role in our plans to be the UK's largest Health and Social Care recruitment and outsourced service provider.
About the Role
We are looking for an individual to assist the team with day do day tasks.
You will undertake a wide range of processing, reconciliation and administration tasks that are commensurate with your skills and develop your experience. All tasks should be carried out to a high standard and strict deadlines using spreadsheets or database applications, accounting or administrative systems in accordance with company procedures.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage credit card and petty cash expenses, chasing receipts and scanning information into Soldo system, ensuring all expenditure is accurate under the company's authorisation procedures.
- Assist the team in the processing of supplier invoices, ensuring input accuracy and suppliers are paid on time.
- Assist with month end management accounts procedures, posting journals, reconciling accounts and providing support to the team.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Completion of monthly overhead cost analysis.
- Produce monthly spend reports in accordance with the framework requirements, for submission to external framework providers.
- Stock taking and ordering stationery and refreshments.
- Arranging travel and accommodation for any staff as required.
- Opening and distributing daily post (when back in the office)
- Update and maintain finance procedures manual.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as deemed to be appropriate to the role.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge in Excel
- Good teamwork and organisation skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach
- Reliable and trustworthy
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/06/2021
£40.00 per day
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
How to Apply
About Sanctuary Personnel
Sanctuary Personnel is an award-winning recruitment company based in Ipswich town centre delivering health, social care and criminal justice professionals to employers throughout the UK.