An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Intermediate Level 3 Apprenticeship in the Financial Services department at the James Paget University Hospital. The successful candidate will be trained to become an Accounts Payable Clerk. You will learn how to scrutinise invoices to ensure they are correct and eligible for payment, and match them on our accounting system to enable payment. The position also requires you to resolve problems and queries within the role, therefore a calm professional approach is required. Other ancillary duties such as filing and scanning will also be required.
As part of the role the successful candidate will be required to complete a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. You will be employed on a 18 month fixed term contract for 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate will have a minimum of four GCSE’s grade D or above including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
In order to qualify for funding individuals must:
- be aged 16 or above
- not be enrolled on another apprenticeship, or another DfE funded FE/HE programme, at the same time as any new apprenticeship they start
- spend at least 50% of their working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship
- have the right to work in England
- be a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements), or have the right of abode in the UK, and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements),
- or a non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning
Please ensure that you clearly state your qualifications in your applications; e.g. if asked for a GCSE Maths qualification simply writing ‘Maths, C’ is not sufficient.
Documents to download
- Job Description
- Person Spec
- Hospital Site Map
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders
- values & Behaviours
- Candidate Brief
The closing date for this job offer is on 03/03/2021
This job is located in Gorleston
More Information and How to Apply
About James Paget University Hospital
The JPUH is a vibrant university hospital providing the best possible care to a population of 230,000 residents across Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and Waveney, as well as to the many visitors who come to this part of East Anglia.