Aviva Level 4 Actuarial Technician Apprentice Scheme - Norwich.
• Are you a strategic thinker that loves to solve problems?
• Do you have a passion for maths?
• Do you want to work for the UK’s largest insurer, who will support you to gain further qualifications?
If so, why not follow in the footsteps of our previous school leavers and your hard work could see you develop into a well-rounded Actuary and be well on your way to becoming an Aviva “Leader of the Future”.
So, what do actuaries do at Aviva?
Actuaries are problem solvers and strategic thinkers with a deep understanding of financial systems. They share a love of maths and use their skills to help measure the probability and risk of future events. Our UK Insurance CEO, Andy Briggs, is one of several highly experienced and respected Actuaries who hold executive positions within our organisation. Actuaries at Aviva provide reporting, pricing and valuation expertise; they also add commercial value.
About the Actuarial Technician Apprenticeship
We are UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a market leader globally, so we are able to leverage all the fantastic expertise we have in house as well as partnering with training providers to help us develop well rounded Actuaries with insurance orientated actuarial, financial and commercial knowledge.
• How long is the scheme? The duration of the scheme is dependant on how long it takes you to complete your Level 4 Apprenticeship, but we aim to get you through it in 3 years or less. You will then be supported to achieve the class of Associate with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) by completing your Level 7 Apprenticeship (equivalent to a Masters degree).
• How is this achieved? It is achieved through a blend of work experience, professional development and professional examinations. You will be assigned to an actuarial team in our General Insurance (GI) business based in Norwich. Our GI actuarial teams are involved in a variety of actuarial work including Actuarial and Financial Reporting, Capital Management, Underwriting, Protection Pricing, Risk Management and Reserving.
You will need:
A minimum of an A grade at A Level Maths.
A minimum of 136 UCAS points (340 in old tariff) from 3 A Levels, not including General Studies.
Why Aviva’s scheme?
We provide full support to give our Apprentices the best chance of passing their exams first time. We do this by:
• Partnering with an internationally recognised training provider.
• Providing a generous amount of off-the-job training (study leave).
• Refunding travel, accommodation and subsistence costs if attending face to face tutorials.
• Funding students’ membership of the IFoA.
• Funding examination fees.
We also provide our Apprentices with one-to-one support to ensure they can balance the demands of a full-time role while studying towards their professional exams. We give you access to a line manager, a buddy AND a qualified mentor. You also have a supportive team around you and business-wide networking opportunities to help you succeed.
What other benefits are there? There are a number of other benefits on offer for successful applicants to our scheme:
• Starting salary of £20250 pa.
• Salary increase for each examination passed.
• Annual performance-related bonus.
• Contributory pension scheme.
• Generous 25 days holiday, plus bank-holidays.
• Discounts on all Aviva products.
• Share Save scheme.
Where are the roles located? The roles are located in Norwich.
The Recruitment Process
We believe a positive forward-thinking approach is also a key requirement for the role, allied to a passion for a successful career in business, so we search for dynamic individuals who have the makings of an exceptional leader and communicator. Our recruitment process involves a thorough review of academic and non-academic activities to select the strongest candidates that also reflect Aviva’s values and culture.
Applications are now open. The recruitment process itself consists of:
• Online Application
• Numerical and Verbal Testing
• Telephone Interview
• Assessment Centre
Assessment centres will take place in early 2019 and successful candidates will join us Summer 2019.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty. Becoming a more inclusive and diverse organisation is a business imperative. 87% of our people feel that people from diverse backgrounds can succeed at Aviva. We are accelerating our strategy through innovative practices and expert partners. One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and career responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Apply with LinkedIn
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/02/2019
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...