Starting: Summer 2021
Maths can have the predictive powers of a crystal ball (seriously) and we want someone who can wield them. Do you think you’re up to the task? Then we want to hear from you!
Actuaries aren’t just good at maths. They’re also whizzes at solving problems, and they save our customers from losing out by assessing risks and avoiding unnecessary ones. As an actuary, you will be experiencing and shaping each department and area of our business. In other words, you’ll be the thought behind every number and help craft how we operate. Think you can step up to the plate?
Our grad roles are all in Bristol, Norwich, York and Eastleigh, because we couldn’t think of more appealing and buzzing towns in which to train you up and watch you blossom. However, as you would imagine, we are working flexibly and remotely at the moment; making the most of virtual working and utilising the technology we have to enable us to continue to collaborate with colleagues, and engage with our customers.
Your role, more specifically:
Every 18-24 months, you’ll move to a different actuarial team where you will pick up new skills and make a huge impact. We’ll help you to achieve the class of Fellow with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) – which means you’ll become a fully qualified actuary and gain your master’s equivalent qualifications too! We’ll seek to get you through your training in 4-5 years, with the help of your line manager, buddy and your qualified mentor.
What else is in it for you?
- A starting salary of £26k plus pay rises each time you pass key exams
- A Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification (equivalent to a master’s, minus the fees)
- Internationally recognised training
- Up to 50 days of paid study leave
- A free qualification with the IFoA (when we say free, we mean we’ll pay for it!)
- 29 days’ holiday
- Discounted Aviva products
- A discretionary bonus
- Flexible working
What do we need from you?
- 2:1 degree in a STEM or numerical subject
- 120 UCAS points from 3 A-levels (not including General Studies), with at least a B in maths
- A passion for numbers and problem-solving
- A curious and courageous mentality
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Outstanding creative thinking and problem-solving skills
Your next steps:
Press apply to be taken through to our online application where you will answer a short questionnaire about your motivations. You will also be able to attach your CV. If you match our criteria, we’ll send you some numerical and critical reasoning tests. Pass those and you’ll have a video interview. The final stage will be a virtual assessment day in early 2021.
Impress us and we’ll impress you. Be empowered to start your career right with Aviva.
The closing date for this job offer is on 13/12/2020
£26k plus pay rises each time you pass key exams
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...