POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
About the employer
Parker Planning Services are Chartered Town Planners providing Specialist Consultancy Services for planning permission, archaeology, heritage, ecology, topography, highways & transport and more. Our work spans all sectors and across East Anglia, East Midlands & further afield across the UK. We offer a full turn-key professional service – covering the planning application or development process.
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm. Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Feb 2021
- Good general standard of education (4 GCSE’S A*-C / 9-4) English qualification
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship within the 18 month contract of employment
Responsible for the general administration duties for the Norfolk office and supporting Marketing and Engagement Team and Finance Team with any additional relevant duties where required.
This is an important role, to be the front of house for the company and assist with the day-to-day office activities. It presents a fantastic opportunity to gain wide exposure to various departments within a busy professional services business and growing company. Main duties to include:
- Stock check and ordering of stationery and office supplies
- Place orders for new equipment, supplies for staff
- Ordering milk and water and similar provisions
- Liaising with cleaning suppliers and staff
- Dealing with post, couriers and deliveries
- Ordering supplies and equipment for staff
- Supervise all office incoming/outgoing mail
- Being the first point of contact on the phones and at reception
- Answering phones, transferring calls, and taking messages
- Screen calls, enquiries, and requests in a professional manner, and dealing with them when appropriate
- Responding to new enquiries in an efficient and professional manner and distributing them to the planning team accordingly
- Diary management for the meeting rooms and senior staff – where appropriate
- Dealing with external visitors in a Covid secure way. eg: welcoming, hospitality for guests etc. (This is currently very limited activity due to Covid19.)
- Purchasing thoughtful birthday & Christmas presents for staff in a timely manner
Planning Team Administration:
- Setting up new records on our CRM database system – Rapport3
- Setting up new enquiries folders in our File Management System
- Working with the planners to make sure that files and folders are up to date and accurate
- Administration support for the planning team (using word and other programs)
- Working closely with Marketing and Engagement Executive to work towards ensuring an efficient and professional administrative service is maintained
Specialist Services Co-ordination:
- Specialist Support – Liaising with our specialist consultants in Norfolk and Suffolk,
- Writing fee quotes and keeping track of specialists’ workloads and availability
- Assist with the administration of our Specialist Services Team
- With time we envisage this role taking more ownership for the day-to-day running and management of our Specialist Services Co-ordination.
Additional ad hoc duties could include:
Senior Management Team Support Duties:
- Taking minutes, meeting notes & action points in meetings and distributing these.
- Assisting with fee quotes and check them with the team prior to sending to clients.
- Organise meetings and site visits and ensure that staff are well prepared for those meetings. For example, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and associated papers
- Assist in the production of documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Ad hoc administration tasks as and when required
Marketing Administration and Support:
- Assist with information gathering and research activities on an ad hoc basis
- Assist with business and marketing activities – where appropriate, for example helping to organise business events, produce letters and undertake research associated with new business
- Assist with producing business documents as and when requested
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/01/2021
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
Poultec Training was established in 1997 by Edward Bales to offer work-based training and consultancy to the Poultry industry on a national scale. Poultec has subsequently grown and diversified into a wide range of training areas.