Administration Support Apprentice - Wymondham High Academy Trust
Are you looking for an exciting Apprenticeship within a school environment? Wymondham High Academy Trust is looking for an Administration Support Apprentice to assist and support the school attendance, pupil inclusion and data teams.
Weekly wage - £216.45
Working week - Monday -Friday - 8.30am - 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
Expected duration - 18 months
Possible start date - 16 Sep 2019
Apprenticeship level - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reference number - VAC001560705
As an Administration Support Apprentice, you will be an integral member of the close-knit administration team and will be involved in a number of key processes to assist with the daily services/functions involved with this busy academy.
This will be a challenging and exciting role and the successful applicant will gain exposure to a variation of duties throughout the administration, data and pupil inclusion teams.
Key daily/weekly responsibilities will include:
- To assist with the administrative duties, including those relating to data, pupil support and attendance.
- To assist in maintenance of records of pupil attendance, behaviour and academic progress
- To assist in the maintenance of computerised pupil data and manual records and files
- Supporting the Academy On-Call system [collecting pupils/delivering messages]
- To provide clerical support as and when required - typing, photocopying, filling etc
- Maintenance of stock inventories and records
- Dealing with mail, including opening and posting of mail
- Assisting with arrangements for meetings and school functions
- Receiving visitors and parents, and escorting prospective parents around the school
- Providing general assistance to visitors, parents and pupils as required
- Answering the telephone/taking messages for staff and pupils
- Keeping office clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Google education apps, Google drive and docs
- Ability to work under pressure and problem-solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
- Committed/ positive attitude
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good general standard of education - 4 GCSEs grade A-C/9-4 including GCSE English grade C/4 or above or predicted or equivalent qualifications
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship within the 18 month contract of employment
Good prospects and possible employment at the end of the apprenticeship.
The successful candidate must adhere to and understand the importance of Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding Children, Health & Safety and Confidentiality policies and procedures that are in place at Wymondham High Academy Trust.
About the employer
Wymondham High is a high performing mixed comprehensive Academy specialising in the Arts and Sciences, which means that we relentlessly focus on high standards. We have an outstanding reputation within the local community and our Sixth Form is one of the best in East Anglia as featured in the Sunday Times Best Schools list. It is rated as Outstanding by Ofsted. Wymondham High was the highest performing state school in for GCSE in 2018.
Wymondham High Academy Trust - http://www.wymondhamhigh.co.uk/
Folly Road, Wymondham. NR18 0QT
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/09/2019
This job is located in Wymondham
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.