Founded in Birmingham in 1876, Fellows is a family-run firm of auctioneers and valuers based in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter and Mayfair in London. We are one of the UK's most established auction houses, with a focus on luxury watches, designer brands and unique pieces of jewellery. We hold regular specialist auctions, around 6 every month.
We take pride in our friendly manner and excellent customer service. Our aim is to provide our customers with the ultimate auction experience. We must be doing a good job as we are rated Excellent on Trustpilot!
We have two great opportunities to join Fellows. Neither need specific qualifications and are both brilliant entry-level roles for anyone wanted to get started in the auction and jewellery / antiques industries.
The main focus of this role is to provide administrative support to the Specialists and
support the Antiques, Silver & Collectables sale.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Customer liaison by telephone, email and in person
- To assist with cataloguing items during busy periods (suitable training will be provided).
- To assist with ticketing, preparation to view and viewing in the build up to sale day.
- To help opening of parcels and sorting of consignments if necessary.
- To organise collections and sending out of goods after the sale.
- To assist with condition reporting
- To assist with producing marketing content for the website and other social media
- To assist with incoming valuations
- Provide support to the Specialists where required
- Set-up for viewings and act as a viewing assistant when required
- Support with live bidding and telephone bidding as required
- Note. This job description is not an exhaustive list of what the role may entail and flexibility to the
changing needs of the business is required
- Experience of working for an Auctioneers would be ideal however, experience of working for another industry that supports or interacts with high-net-worth clients would also be suitable
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and manage an ever-changing list of priorities
- Exceptional customer service skills, comfortable with interacting with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Commercially aware and takes pride in the quality and standard of their work
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times treating colleagues with dignity and respect
- Positive outlook to work and colleagues
- Displays a personable and proactive ‘can do’ attitude
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
This job is located in Birmingham, West Midlands
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.