About the employer
Commitment to first-rate workmanship and customer service has established Rye Street Group as one of the leading accident repairers in the UK.
Founded in 1990, our reputation has been built on solid ethics and integrity, and above all, high quality repair work. We have achieved BSI Kitemark Certification for Vehicle Damage Repair along with numerous insurer and manufacturer approvals, which means we meet and exceed the recognised industry standards.
Our 7 modern, well-equipped Repair Centres allow us to service London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk and we offer a comprehensive range of additional services (to ensure your car leaves us in pristine condition).
When you choose Rye Street, you choose quality and commitment. Why settle for anything less?
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Total hours per week: 40.00
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition.
These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn strip and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems
- Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques; sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat & lacquer, repairing defects and polishing
Duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties and when required
The closing date for this job offer is on 24/07/2019
This job is located in Haverhill, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.