About the employer
Edison House Group is based in Ipswich, Suffolk. With a heritage spanning almost 30 years we have built up a diverse range of products and services. Founded by Chris Powell in 1988, Edison House Group started life as a local electrical contracting service. Since then we have grown into a multi-layered organisation that delivers a diverse range of quality products and services to our customers all over the UK.
Mon - Fri (9am-5pm) (1 hour lunch) Total hours per week: 35.00
Working in a friendly department, the successful applicant will be joining a progressive group of companies in a modern office environment which will offer the potential for varied work and professional development. This is a varied role that offers the chance for additional training and supported accounting qualifications.
CJ Electrical Contracting Services Limited is our electrical contracting specialist business and one of the key roles of this job will be to carry out all the functions to maintain the books for the business: This will include:
- Progressing of purchase invoices against purchase orders and posting to jobs within Ignition (in-house system)
- Processing of non-job involves directly into Sage
- Processing of sub-contractor invoices including deductions for CIS scheme
- Processing of return to wholesalers
- Processing of credit card statements
- Cover for Processing of Purchase orders in bespoke system
- Petty cash processing
- Daily banking
Possible future role development:
- Reconciliation of sales invoices
- Credit control including contractor retention deductions
- Processing of month-end payment runs
- Processing of VAT returns
Other Support- Team Role
An important element of the role will be to fully participate within the team carrying out cover for roles depending on holidays and workload, These tasks will potentially vary between cover for purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control.
This is an area of the role where the content will be dependent on the incumbent's level of experience which will in any case develop over time.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/11/2018
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.