Hautbois is offering the opportunity for enthusiastic activity apprentices to join our highly motivated team.
35 hrs - shifts to be arranged. Total hours per week: 35.00.
12 months apprenticeship.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to gain relevant skills in the industry.
The job is wide ranging and requires the ability to be the face of Hautbois with groups taking part in the wide range of Hautbois activities throughout the year, maintaining activity equipment and working with other instructors. It also gives the opportunity to work closely with our Senior Instructor, seasonal Instructors and volunteers to develop and deliver the Hautbois Activity programme. Undertaking some domestic and other duties in the House and on the Estate will be required.
Apprentice Instructors will work closely with the Activities Team on all matters relating to the operation of activities at the Centre. They will also liaise with key staff in the Hautbois and Anglia Region Teams.
The working environment and atmosphere at Hautbois is relaxed and open, yet hard working. Being able to work both as part of a small team and using your own initiative is essential as is a strong positive focus on customer care. You will need to be suited to liaising with volunteers and taking instructions from them.
The Centre is operational all year round and has periods of high occupancy. A flexible approach to working hours is essential, with additional hours required some weeks. This role includes weekend and evening working.
As an Apprentice Instructor your main responsibilities are:
- To take responsibility for activity sessions
- To ensure the correct and safe use of appropriate equipment
- To give clear instructions to enable individuals to participate in the session
- To have an awareness of the customers’ aims and objectives, and wherever possible meet all requirements
- To make the Duty Supervisor aware of any defective equipment
- To take an active part in maintenance on a regular basis
- To be aware of, and put into practice, all Health and Safety regulations
- To have a working knowledge of Hautbois’ operational policies
- To assist with the maintenance of the estate
- To carry out duties in the kitchen and dining room
- To assist with the cleaning of the house and camping toilet and shower facilities
- To act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times
- Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organisation
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.