Applications for this role are now closed.
Would you like to join a forward-thinking organisation that makes a real difference in people’s lives?
Would you like to gain qualifications and skills to help you move to the next stage of your career?
If so, joining Saffron’s Community as an apprentice would be the perfect opportunity for you to train and develop as an Apprentice Admin Assistant. To assist with the administration tasks associated within Saffron’s Operational Delivery department, which includes working primarily within the Electrical team as well as assisting within other teams e.g. Heating, Repairs and other associated teams as required.
About the Department
Operational Delivery is often seen as the reactive side of the business that focusses on the maintenance and compliance to our tenants homes. Our craftworkers and office team work together to ensure all repairs, boiler servicing and electrical testing are carried out to each of our 6500 properties, as well as upgrading our empty properties ready for the next tenant to move into their new home. Operational Delivery also looks after our Grounds Maintenance team who carry out grass cutting, garden clearances, hedge trimming and tree surgery within our managed areas including our sheltered housing schemes. We ensure that all work is always carried out in safe and timely manner, whilst assuring that we adhere to strict compliance regulations such as gas, electrical, asbestos, fire and legionella.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete a level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
- Work within the Operational Delivery team to learn on the job knowledge and to gain the appropriate skills by:
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries from tenants, in-housework force and other departments within Saffron via telephone and email.
- Using our in-house computer operating system to:
Raise appointment letters
Process invoices and liaise with managing budget holders.
Raise job instructions for contractors
Checking appointment availability of the in-housework force and booking in jobs when required
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Role Profile.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of working in a busy office environment dealing with customers and tenants.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- Intuitive with IT and possess good IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 / C or above, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
Apprenticeship Training Provider
The apprenticeship training provider will be City College, Norwich.
The closing date for this job offer is on 11/07/2021
£9,033.26 to £17,421.28 per annum
This job is located in Based from Long Stratton, Norwich / Agile Working, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...