Mon-Fri 08:30 – 17:30
Total hours per week: 40.00
With the emphasis firmly on farm machinery, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical areas, from routine maintenance and servicing through to complex component overhauls, utilising the very latest John Deere diagnostic equipment. Engineering is a practical subject, and requires a great deal of focus and thought.
Duties will include;
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in removal and reconditioning of components
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintaining a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner
- Participating in Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Following all safety rules and regulations
- You will learn to use the very latest John Deere equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology to gain the important skills required in a fast developing, high-tech industry
Your advanced apprenticeship will last approximately 3 years
Like all apprenticeships, your programme will combine paid employment with training, leading to a nationally recognised and valued qualification. You will work at a Ben Burgess Ltd. but also spend time at the John Deere Apprentice Training Centre and at John Deere’s Head Office, both near Nottingham.
You are supported by a designated Assessor and by your employer, gaining valuable workplace skills by undertaking practical tasks and experiencing real-life challenges. You will be provided with an individually tailored learning plan, with progress monitored by your Assessor who will make regular visits for on the job assessment and guidance
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/10/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About Ben Burgess
Ben Burgess has been serving the farming community since 1931. Currently employing 227 staff across six depots throughout East Anglia, the company offers a range of opportunities for those looking to pursue a career in the agricultural, construction or ground...