Applications for this role are now closed.
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
About the employer
Tucks wood joinery designs and manufactures timber and glass roof Lantern and associated Joinery windows and doors, pilasters and decretive eves fascia.
We are a small team working together, multi-tasking from the start to the finish of each project, some roof lanterns are installed and others delivery only.
We obtain work from various sources all over the UK through the internet, home owner, recommendation, repeat business through architects, interior designer, builders ,trade supplier.
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch. Total hours per week: 40.00.
Possible start date
01 Jul 2021
18 May 2021
L1 Functional Skills in English and Maths or GCSE Grade 2/E is preferable.
If a potential apprentice does not currently meet these requirements, they will need to attend additional Functional Skills English and Maths sessions.
Additional day may be required in college for Functional Skills if not already achieved or need to upskill.
As an Architectural Joinery Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to assist with producing timber-based building components and other architectural products, such as doors, windows, units and staircases.
Main duties will include:
- Carrying out tasks such as measuring, marking out, fitting, cutting, splicing, finishing, positioning, and securing
- Assist with setting out details for the manufacture of doors, windows and opening lights, units and stairs
- Mark out timber from setting out details for the manufacture of doors, windows and opening lights, units and/or fitments and staircases
- Create, fit and assemble components to manufacture doors, windows with opening lights, units and/or fitments and staircases
- Use, maintain and store joinery tools and equipment, such as marking and testing tools, power tools and hand tools
- Taking accurate measurements of site and workplace dimensions
- Learning how to form and proportion joints, such as mortice and tenon, dovetail and comb joints
- Ensuring work is carried out in line with health and safety procedures and using health and safety control equipment (e.g. PPE and RPE).
- Keeping the workshop clean and tidy, and assisting with clearing up at the end of the day
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/06/2021
To be agreed upon appointment
This job is located in Dereham
More Information and How to Apply
About City College Norwich
Norwich City College Media Services. Videos made by the college about the college by staff and students.At City College Norwich you will be provided with opportunities and experiences simply not available elsewhere.