Applications for this role are now closed.
** 18 month Fixed Term Contract - Apprenticeship **
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to become an Apprentice and gain experience in the NHS. You will develop new skills and knowledge whilst working with an established team gaining valuable work experience and a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
You will be enrolled with a local education provider and will be required to complete your Association of Assistant Accountant Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard within the 18 month contract of employment.
The post holder will assist and support the Deputy Finance Managers and the Management Accounts team in the provision of an efficient and pro-active financial management service.
Supervision and support (direct and indirect) will be provided during all tasks, with progression being dependent on the completion of set objectives throughout the 18 months. This will enable the apprentice to work within the organisation to gain confidence, experience and build a portfolio of evidence for apprenticeship accreditation.
The key duties that the post holder will assist in are as follows:
- Supporting the delivery of timely and accurate monthly management accounts recording actual spend against budget
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate budgets
- The provision and development of accurate management information to assist Divisional Management in running their Divisions in the most efficient way possible.
- Supporting the preparation and provision of variance analysis on a monthly basis,
- Meeting with relevant budget holders as required.
- To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
All applicants must be:
- Aged 16+
- Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three years
- Must not have a qualification at the equivalent or above level in a similar subject (there needs to be significant new learning)
- Must NOT be in any form of formal government-funded education
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Good general standard of education
- 4 GCSE’s at Grade D or above (or equivalent)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
The NNUH are pleased to be able to offer a variety of challenging apprenticeships. Should you be selected for interview we may wish to discuss with you a range of alternative positions for you to consider.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
10th June 2021
The closing date for this job offer is on 27/05/2021
£161.25 per week
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH)
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust carries out nearly one million outpatient appointments, day case procedures and inpatient admissions annually.