About the employer
Service Technician within a Volkswagen Group dealership, carrying out general services and MOT’s.
Monday - Friday, possible Saturdays, shifts TBC by employer. Total hours per week: 40.00
The Service Department of your local dealership has become a vital part in the success of the business by creating a service and experience to attract and maintain a loyal customer base in the life cycle of a vehicle. The Service Technician plays a role in this by providing the service needed to increase longevity and safety in their vehicle’s life.
In order to provide that service, electronic fault diagnosis using the latest diagnostic equipment now forms part of the everyday routine in Volkswagen Group Centres.
Technicians are also vital to customer care. The service provided by the workshop is a major factor considered by customers when they decide to replace their car.
Main duties for this service technician vacancy include the following:
- Identify problems, often by using diagnostic equipment
- Test parts and systems to ensure they are working correctly
- Following checklists to ensure all critical parts are examined
- Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Cooling and lubrication, air and exhaust systems
- Maintenance of electronic systems such as braking and suspension, as well as steering, wheels and tyres
- Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
- Disassemble and reassemble parts
- Working with traditional, hybrid and electronic engines
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
- Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for the customer and for the centre’s records
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/11/2018
This job is located in Kings Lynn, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.