Apprentice Bricklayer - PERSIMMON HOMES LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to start a career as an Apprentice Bricklayer working for Persimmon Homes (Anglia)
Closing date: 28 Jun 2021
Weekly wage - £172.00
Working week - Monday to Thursday, between 07:30 - 16:00 Friday, between 07:30 - 15:00
Total hours per week: 39.00
Expected duration - 30 months
Possible start date - 01 Sep 2021
Apprenticeship level - Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Reference number - VAC001721935
Positions - 3 available
You will be required to assist our experienced Bricklayers with:
- Undertaking all aspects of the Bricklaying trade
- Setting out and build brickwork including complex arches, convex and concave brickwork and battered brickwork
- Complex decorative brickwork
- Providing excellent customer service to our clients
- Working to workplace health & safety company standards
- Keeping the workplace clean and tidy
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Level 2 Bricklaying Apprenticeship Standard is primarily delivered in the workplace with 1 day a week attendance at college (Great Yarmouth) Should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are also required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
You will have the following skills:
- Good practical and problem solving skillsGood organisational skills
- Ability to work with precision with attention to detail
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions.
- Good communication and people skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Professional approach to work
You will need to be:
- Motivated and committed to a career in bricklaying
- Willing to undertake additional trade specific training if required
- Open, honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Adaptable to change
- Able to work as a cohesive and committed team worker
- Hardworking and keen to develop new skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Pro-active in your approach
- Able to manage a varied workload
- 4 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) to include both Maths and English.
As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
It is intended that - providing you successfully complete your apprenticeship - you will become a permanent member of staff.
Things to consider
- Applicants will need to be fit as the job demands a lot of standing and physical activity
- There may be a need to work some overtime as and when required
- The job is in a location where transport will need to be considered
- The nature of the job role dictates that you may be working in an outdoors environment
- If you are selected to attend a second interview you will be asked to complete a work trial for one day
- The salary for this post will be in line with government apprenticeship wages
- Holiday entitlement is 29 days including bank holiday
Other Important Information:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU RECORD FULL DETAILS OF ALL QUALIFICATIONS ON THE APPLICATION, AS THE FIRST STAGE OF SHORTLISTING WILL BE TO ENSURE THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATION CRITERIA IS MET.
Applications direct to the employer will not be considered – please apply using the on-line matching system.
There are eligibility criteria applied to government funded apprenticeship schemes and therefore applicants must be aged 16 or above, have been resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years, must not possess a Degree, Level 4 qualification or above in a similar discipline or already be in any form of formal government-funded education.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices aged 16-18 and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship is currently £4.30 per hour and applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
Applications will be assessed as they are received, which may result in the vacancy closing before the advertised closing date, please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
Persimmon Homes (Anglia) are based in Norwich and provide a top quality service across Norfolk. We are one of the UK’s most successful house builders, committed to the highest standards of design and construction.
From design and planning, right through to adding the final Finishing Touches to your stylish new home, we keep your needs in mind, ensuring we create homes to suit all lifestyles up and down the country.
PERSIMMON HOMES LIMITED
Bankside 100, Peachman Way, Broadland Business Park, Norwich, NR7 0WF
Training provider - East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Shane Atherton firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/06/2021
£172 per week
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About Persimmon Homes
Building around 14,500 beautifully-designed new homes a year in more than 400 prime locations nationwide, the Group is made up of 28 regional operating businesses, giving nationwide coverage. Persimmon is proud to be the one of the UK's most successful house....