About the employer
The Suffolk County Council is a public-sector body responsible for the major services which are provided countywide. These include:
- Business and trading standards
- Education and learning
- Leisure, museums, art and culture
- Public safety
- Registration of births, marriages and deaths
- Social care
- Transport and streets
- Economic promotion
- Emergency planning
- Public transport
- Supporting residents, visitors and businesses across the county
The staff of Suffolk County Council work to deliver high quality services through a range of departments. Staff work collectively to make Suffolk the fantastic county it is. Suffolk County Council recognises that its people are its greatest resource and it is their mission to make a positive difference to Suffolk. Suffolk County Council expects its employees to be the best they can be. In return, they offer an extensive reward package that combine pay, pension, and a range of additional benefits. They place a great emphasis on personal development and provide staff with excellent training.
The Blue Badge Team operates from 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday - Friday. Total hours per week: 37.00
- Collect and record accurate data to shape service planning and reporting
- Provide information for use by others and develop workable recommendations to inform reports
- Feed information to strategic decision-making structures, to influence and challenge the way services are provided
- Network effectively, developing key links and relationships with both internal and external professionals delivering services to people in Suffolk
- Use appropriate communication tools to best engage with people (i.e. Facebook, twitter, website etc.)
- Attend college-based training achieving satisfactory grades, attendance levels and progression towards an NVQ qualification
- Provide an efficient and polite first point of contact
- Provide information about your service area to internal and external customers
- Work as an effective team member, contributing to the broader team business plan and providing cover for colleagues where appropriate
- Use innovative and creative techniques to achieve results and do things differently
General office duties:
- Operate a range of office equipment safely and proficiently e.g. scanners, copiers etc.
- Produce a range of documents as directed, e.g. letters, forms, tables etc.
- Assist with the organisation of meetings, booking rooms and equipment, inviting attendees, collating and circulating meeting papers handouts, minutes etc.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/11/2018
£200.00 - £290.00 p/w
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk County Council
Suffolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Suffolk in England. It is run by 75 elected county councillors, representing 63 divisions. The main offices are located in Ipswich, with supporting services located elsewhere across the....