At Aviva we strongly believe new ideas and perspectives are invaluable. So we are looking for individuals with a curious mind, a customer focus and a passion for technology and software development to join us as an Apprentice Business Analyst.
As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career in Business Analysis whilst working towards an industry recognised Business Analyst Level 4 qualification.
Our Digital teams are doing great things; we created the award-winning customer portal ‘My Aviva’ which has been so successful it’s now a global platform, we develop all of our own mobile apps and we were even awarded Digital Insurance Company of the year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance! Not only will you get to work on great interesting and challenging deliveries, but you will also be working alongside a highly capable and experienced team of digital professionals.
In Digital we enhance existing products, create new products and platforms and maintain our existing applications. We work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers’ needs, first time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Business Analyst Apprentice you will be trained to do a variety of tasks including:
- Writing high quality business requirements for the development team.
- Facilitating agile ceremonies such as story writing and backlog grooming sessions.
- Creating documentation to support the persistent assets for the application you are working on.
- Supporting the development team during agile sprints.
- As a Business Analyst Apprentice, you will work towards the Level four standard, an accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry recognised qualification.
Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
Skills and experience required:
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation and be committed to developing themselves to build a long-term career in Aviva. You will also hold a minimum of either of the below:
- 5 GCSE’s A-C this must include English and Maths also preferably an IT or business-related subject
- 3 A levels at grade A-C, a Level 3 apprenticeship or other equivalent qualifications
- Natural curiosity, initiative and innovation
- Evidence of programming interests (i.e. examples of own code)
- Desire to learn
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Good team player, networking across the virtual team
- Performance driven
- Owning personal development
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary of £17,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Louis Fogg in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 6674 or Louis.email@example.com
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...