Corrosion Technology Services Europe Limited
Unit 11 and 12 Merlin Park
Mildenhall industrial estate
Bury St Edmunds
Business Support Apprentice
CTS Europe is a company in Suffolk which was established in 1967. We work in a niche Industry which protects steel infrastructure which has been built from deteriorating. This means we are an Environmental company at the frontline as we stop very costly assets from degrading to the point of when they would need to be replaced. Protecting assets is far better than leaving them to waste away.
We're looking to recruit a business Support Apprentice who can assist the business and work in all office departments to gain experience. We are a small team who work very closely together, full training will be given, and you will also be mentored to help you reach your goals.
I started with CTS in 2018 as an Administration Assistant, assisting with data processing and other general office duties. Within the next 4 years I received training and encouragement which resulted in progression to an integral management role. Working within a niche market means there’s never a dull day and our close-knit team always provide support and guidance.
-An existing employee of CTS Europe
This is a fixed term position from the commencement of the apprenticeship until completion of the apprenticeship qualification which is expected to be in the region of 18 months in total.
The role is based on 30 hours a week, with study time to complete the mandatory 6 hours off the job study time within those hours to complete the Business administrator / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- Answering the phone and redirecting calls
- Filing of sensitive information
- Working with the Quotation department, supporting their efforts
- Photocopying of documents and certificates for all departments
- Using the shared drive to send information to workers
- Post administration
- Assisting with stock control
- Creating Pick Lists and Work orders for Production
- Ordering components
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers and looking for ne suppliers.
- Assist the HS, ENV, and QA Managers with internal audits
- No formal qualifications are required however a good standard of spoken and written English is needed
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based software applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build excellent relationships with all customers, team members and management.
- Tenacity and positivity with a strong drive to succeed.
- Good written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work in a pressurised environment, subject to changing workloads and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, use initiative and organise the workload to meet deadlines and to work as part of a team.
- Experience of working in an environment requiring attention to detail and accuracy.
- Desired Personal Qualities.
- A team player with a positive attitude who is trustworthy, methodical and dependable. A self-motivated individual looking to increase their knowledge base and engage with all areas of the business.
- Show an awareness of others’ roles, responsibilities, and requirements in carrying out your role, demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the company and team members.
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision.
- An understanding of the sensitive nature of the information we hold and the need to keep this confidential.
- GCSE at Grade 4 or above in Maths and English
- Desirable ICT qualification and/or knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9- 4.
- Salary £10,335 - £15,995 PA
- Holiday 28-day holiday per year including Bank and Public Holidays
- Career Path to promotion
- Free parking
Applications to: EnquiriesEu@ctscp.com
To download MS Word version of this job description, use the More Info button below.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/01/2024
£10,335 - £15,995
This job is located in Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
About Corrosion Technology Services (CTS)
The CTS Group consists of ten companies, in eight countries, across three regions – Europe, Asia and The Middle East. CTS consists of over 200 staff making it the ideal place to deliver first class, cost effective corrosion prevention solutions. We are a leadi...