We're Flagship. We build homes, let, improve and maintain them for people in need. We don’t simply want to make a difference to our customers and their communities – we want to solve the housing crisis too. To help us, we build homes for sale, reinvesting any profit we make where it’s needed most - we call it profit for purpose.
We give our people the freedom to try new things and do whatever they need, to solve problems in doing what’s right for our customers.
There is a housing crisis in the East of England. By spending money wisely, improving relentlessly and working together in partnership with other businesses, housing associations and local authorities, we can meet our ambitious goal. As Flagship, we can make a difference, but together we can solve the housing crisis in the East of England.
Are you looking for a career working in customer service? Do you want to earn while you learn? Do you want to be part of a busy customer focused team delivering outstanding service to support our repairs and maintenance provision across East Anglia? Our Apprentice Business Support Co Ordinator role could be for you.
You will work towards a Level 3 Customer Service qualification gaining skills in direct customer support, including decision making and providing recommendations and advice for a positive customer experience. Working alongside a mentor, you will have lots of opportunities to learn, develop your skills and gain practical experience.
- Self-motivated with a methodical approach to long term study.
- Demonstrate personal attributes including the ability to work efficiently, diligently and courteously to achieve the highest standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and colleagues.
- Personal attributes to include smart appearance, reliability, accountability, ownership and responsibility.
- Willing to work under the guidance of experienced colleagues, to receive direct communication from customers via the telephone/email or any social platform (live chat/my account), using internal IT systems to record data accurately.
- Committed to excellent customer service and putting the customer at the forefront of all you do.
- Work harmoniously with others in a positive team atmosphere, promoting confidence and trust within the Flagship brand, both internally and externally.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures; co-operate with managers in complying with internal processes and work practices.
- Take personal responsibility for own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace.
- Take personal responsibility for seeking value for money opportunities to get service right first time.
- Actively support Flagship Group’s E,D & I policy to ensure that all customers/residents and colleagues within the Group are treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
GCSE Maths – Level 4 (Grade C) or above
GSCE English – Level 4 (Grade C) or above
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Previous experience of working in a customer service environment is desired.
- Competent with computers and a standard range of software.
- You must be able to record information accurately on paper or electronically.
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive to achieve results to a high standard.
- Inquisitive, you will want to learn why things happen.
- Curiosity, you must have the willingness to learn.
- Attention to details.
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship
Things to consider
What’s in it for you?
- Practical experience to develop your customer service skills.
- Salary above the national apprentice rate : £11,933 per annum.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- Eligibility for our pension scheme.
- Flagship Rewards membership – including cycle to work scheme, retailer discounts, gym membership.
- Opportunities for career growth.
- Weekly lessons (face to face and remote) hosted by West Suffolk College.
Flagship Group (RFT) is entering the next exciting stage of its development, working towards our purpose of “repair completed at my convenience”. By working to a specific set of customer-focused principles, RFT presents an environment that is radically different in its approach to social housing maintenance. Entering RFT provides the candidate with an unparalleled opportunity for growth in a busy and demanding environment. The immersive environment of responsive repairs is ideal to provide maximum learning opportunities. Once completed, we anticipate a successfully qualified apprentice using the experience gained during their studies to enter the next stage of their career with us.
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/07/2021
£11,933 per year
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.