About the employer
As the UK’s leading hotel management company, we operate over 70 fantastic hotels from luxury hotels with golf, leisure & spa and extensive F&B, to limited service and budget hotels.
40 hours a week, varied shift patterns. Total hours per week: 40.00
RBH Hospitality Management are offering a fantastic opportunity to start your culinary career as an Apprentice Chef.
- 14 months on the job training supported by your own dedicated trainer.
- You will be enrolled onto the Commis Chef Apprenticeship to gain a Level 2 qualification delivered by our training partner Babcock.
- You’ll be based at one of our hotels with onsite support from a mentor committed to helping you progress through the programme.
- You’ll get the chance to travel the country to other hotels and suppliers for workshops and masterclasses with all travel and hotel expenses paid for.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary which will be increased once you achieve your Level 2 qualification.
- Apprentices can also receive a range of benefits with an NUS card.
- Food preparation
- Preparing ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of the chef
- Making sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
- Arranging food items on serving plates
- Making sure that the kitchen is clean and organised at all times
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Maintaining a 'clean as you go' work ethic
Masterclasses included in the programme:
- Farm Visit and Butchery Masterclass: Learning about the rearing of prime beef and lamb and classification of all the cuts.
- Severn and Wye Smokery Visit: Includes a visit to an eel farm and cook off competition.
- Foraging Masterclass: Walking the British countryside with a world class forager, learning what to pick and how to cook delicious products from the wild.
- Game Masterclass: Visit to a game dealer, learning the preparation of a variety of fur and feathered game.
- Fish to Fork Masterclass: This includes a fishing trip, early morning market visit, filleting masterclass and the chance to cook your catch.
- Salad and Herb Farm Visit: Learning the different types of salad leaves and micro herbs.
- Chocolate Masterclass: Working with a world class chocolatier.
This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
The wage for this position will vary depending on age.
18 to 24 - £7.70 per hour
25 and over - £8.21 per hour
Please note the weekly wage shown below reflects the wage for anyone aged 18-24 and may be higher.
The closing date for this job offer is on 03/03/2019
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.