About the employer
You already know Mitchells & Butlers, even if you don’t realise it! That’s because we run many of the UK’s most famous restaurant and pub brands, including: All Bar One, Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns, Harvester, Ember Inns, Toby Carvery, Crown Carveries, Castle, Nicholson's, Premium Country Dining Group, O'Neill's, Alex, Village Pub & Kitchen, Miller & Carter, Browns, Innkeeper's Lodge, Orchid Pubs and The Oak Tree.
30 hrs p/w + incl. evenings, weekends and bank holidays; shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 30.00
If you have no previous experience but bags of passion for cooking, our chef apprenticeship will give you your moment to shine!
You don’t need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
You’ll join a close-knit team, so you’ll get the family feel from day one. You’ll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Working as a team to serve up great food in a fun, friendly atmosphere will help you develop the skills necessary to prepare and cook food quickly and efficiently.
Not only do you gain a Level 2 Hospitality Food Production and Cooking Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchens, creating some amazing moments making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
- Learn how to create dishes using the correct methods, getting every dish right
- Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
- Ensure food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Bring a huge appetite for learning
- Bring energy and enjoyment
- Be part of great team moments
- Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths
- 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
16-17 years old - £4.20 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.90 an hour
21+ years old - £7.38 an hour
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/12/2018
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.