About the employer
Cineworld Cinemas is a growing cinema chain and as such there are a number of development opportunities that you can take advantage of. Not only are we continually expanding, but Cineworld has a reputation for developing and promoting talent from within. Our emphasis on internal promotion means that where employees have the right mix of skills and experience there are many ways for them to further their career with us.
We want all of the talented individuals who work for us to develop and grow, so in all of our cinemas you will learn essential skills, including retail and customer service. To ensure everyone has a chance to succeed within their career at Cineworld, all of our employees receive ongoing learning and development to maximise their potential.
Will include various shifts, times TBC. Total hours per week: 30.00
Start on a fantastic apprenticeship salary, see all the latest films and gain your Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
This training is suited to anyone looking to grow a career in the customer service industry, working directly with customers & team members on a daily basis and displaying passion and enthusiasm for delivering the best service possible, as well a clear passion for films and cinema.
Candidates will need to demonstrate their exceptional communication skills, ability to deal with a variety of situations & potential customer issues, the ability to think on their feet and use initiative as well as ask for support when needed. Building good relationships and rapport with various people will be vital to the role so the ideal candidate will be confident, approachable and engaging with a positive attitude.
Passion for Customers – You will:
- Provide a superior standard of service to our customers by monitoring behaviour, serving pleasantly, promptly, efficiently, managing queues effectively and having appropriate customer service telephone etiquette
- Guide customers to their seats where necessary; following the correct ticket verification procedure including Unlimited card holders and ensuring every person who enters the cinema has a ticket
- Liaise with Cinema staff and management where appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Respond to verbal customer complaints/queries immediately, where appropriate advising direct appropriate person
- Be knowledgeable about the cinema i.e. services and facilities
- Ensure all communication via radios is appropriate, clear and concise and where applicable the cinema code words are used
- Provide information on performance start and finish times, films synopsis and film classification
- Be aware of the policy towards film piracy within the cinema
- Be aware of all film classifications and identification procedure
- Ensure all lost property is correctly delivered to the appropriate area
- Monitor and patrol the auditoria’s for piracy, picture & sound quality, temperature, customer disturbance and any H&S issues
Driving Sales – You will:
- Work effectively using the correct upselling and suggestive selling techniques
- Be aware of current marketing promotions and assist as required
- Sell box office tickets and retail products correctly and follow correct cash handling procedures
- Assist with stock take as required
- Ensure all wastage is correctly recorded by following the wastage procedures
- Keep all retail products stocked sufficiently adhering to First In, First Out (FIFO) process, making sure that there is clean and efficient presentation of all products
Health & Safety – You will:
- Follow the Food Hygiene Regulations and Health & Safety Policies
- Work efficiently using all pieces of equipment (you have been trained on) correctly and with care
- Inform management immediately of any breaches or issues within Health & Safety.
- Help monitor maintenance or repairs advising the relevant people of any issues immediately
- Open and close all areas, ensuring the relevant check sheets are adhered to
- Undertake cinema cleaning activities including cinema, toilets, back of house areas, auditoria’s, cinema seating, all front of house areas and emptying and removing of rubbish as required
- Keep informed about business changes by attending staff meetings, reading staff notice boards and asking questions where appropriate
- Adhere to all current policies and procedures
- Work alongside the projection management team as per their instructions.
- As applicable; for further information please speak to your General Manager
- On all areas you may also complete other ad–hoc duties as required
- If this sounds like the Apprenticeship for you - Apply Now!
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/05/2019
This job is located in Bury St.Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.