Applications for this role are now closed.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm or 9.00am - 5.30pm. Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2021
For this BTEC Level 3 Apprenticeship course, applicants will need a total of 5 GCSEs at grade (A*-C) or (9-4) which includes:
GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in English
GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in Science
GCSE grade (A*-B) or (5-9) in Maths
Applicants should hold grade B / 6 in GCSE Maths as you will be required to study maths and further maths as part of the Apprenticeship qualification. If applicants have achieved a grade C / 4 in maths, they may be required to undertake an initial assessment.
Addition day required in college for Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT if not already achieved or needed to up-skill
Applicants who are currently undertaking or sitting GCSEs should include their predicted grades on their application. If successful for this position, you will be offered a conditional place on the Apprenticeship course, subject to you meeting the entry requirements listed above.
Within this role as an Apprentice Civil Engineer, your duties will include:
- Learning all aspects of civil engineering
- Learning to use different types of equipment
- Assisting with on-site work such as Land Surveying and Topographical Surveys
- Attending site visits
- Following safety standards at all times
- Assisting with project plans, technical information and designs for projects
- Interpreting drawings and making calculations
- Using computer software programmes for drawings (CAD)
- Assisting with the preparation of estimates
- Assisting with reports and projects
- Attending meeting with clients
- Liaising with various teams within the business as required
- Assisting with all associated paperwork
- Complete apprenticeship programme of learning and modular work predominately in the workplace as well as attending external training courses to compliment learning.
- Support interpret Engineers designs into drawings.
- Develop knowledge of varying building materials (steel, timber, concrete and masonry
- These drawings are used to build the framework for buildings including Supermarkets, Data Centres and Retail Housing developments
- You will be working as part of a team and will be expected to complete your work within allocated timeframes
You will receive support, encouragement and supervision throughout your Apprenticeship programme. With an assigned Mentor to help develop you further beyond this initial training scheme.
You will be expected to complete your Apprenticeship studies alongside your workplace activities – therefore a degree of enthusiasm and genuine interest in the build-environment is fundamental.
The closing date for this job offer is on 09/05/2021
This job is located in Meridian Way,Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About Pinnacle Consulting Engineers
Pinnacle are a leading provider of construction consulting services with a comprehensive background in Structural and Civil Engineering. Our areas of expertise include: Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Feasibility Studies and Transportation Planning...