- National Minimum Wage
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed term up to 39 months
This is your opportunity to start a career in civil engineering with Suffolk Highways.
Suffolk Highways is looking for 2 apprentices to learn the skills needed to assist with the preparation, design and delivery of technical solutions to engineering problems.
learn how to liaise between the engineers, management and operatives in a highway environment
undertake activities such as preparing technical designs, drawings and documentation including setting out, site measurements, quality control and checking and reporting on progress.
On this Level 3 apprenticeship you will achieve the Civil Engineering Technician Standard and the Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment - Civil Engineering. This will involve time attending Suffolk New College in Ipswich on day release.
You will need:
- 5 GCSEs grades A-C or 4-9 (or equivalent) including Maths, English and a Science subject
- good standards of written and verbal communication and be IT literate
- a willingness to learn with an interest in construction/engineering
- to be able to work in a team and be self-motivated
- to be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
We have a great benefits package including:
- flexible working options to support you, your work-life balance and career
- a generous leave entitlement
- contributory pension scheme
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- company discount scheme
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
The position described is what you would be working towards while you complete your apprenticeship. Please note there is no guarantee of a permanent position. We believe that the experience you will gain throughout your apprenticeship will significantly enhance your ability to find employment inside or outside our organisation.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sally Dickerson on (01473) 264269 or Guy Smith (01284) 741361.
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/06/2021
National Minimum Wage
This job is located in Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk County Council
Suffolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Suffolk in England. It is run by 75 elected county councillors, representing 63 divisions. The main offices are located in Ipswich, with supporting services located elsewhere across the....