- Do you enjoy facing a challenge and creating new solutions?
- Do you have a passion for embracing change?
- Do you want to know more about how we can use technology and data to support our customers?
- Would you like to achieve a qualification whilst earning a competitive salary and learning from some of the most skilled Underwriters in the Commercial Insurance market?
- Do you want to work for a company that prioritises wellbeing?
If so, a Commercial Underwriting Apprenticeship with Aviva could be just what you’re looking for.
Our UK General Insurance business is looking for Apprentices to join the Commercial Lines area of the largest Insurance company in the UK.
As the UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader in our industry, our Underwriting teams are crucial to our success. We believe our Underwriting community is amongst the most talented and supportive in the market. We know that succession planning is critical in any business and that is why we want to keep investing in people development through Apprenticeships.
As an Apprentice Underwriter, you will build professional relationships working with our Broker community to secure new business and continue to provide tailored solutions to our existing customers. This will directly contribute to the underwriting profit and loss in your aligned region.
Where you’ll be based:
Flexible working has been engrained into our culture for a long time now. With Aviva, you can expect a blend of both office and home working.
Our Apprentice roles will be offered in Perth, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Norwich, London, Worthing and Bristol.
- You’re a natural problem solver who loves to learn new things
- You’re enthusiastic and committed to learning
- You can work independently, within underwriting authority as well as working in a wider team
- You will be curious about our customers’ needs and will work tirelessly to provide appropriate solutions
- You will have or be on track to achieve at least 2 A-levels or 3 Highers (Scotland) at grades C or above
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £17,650 (additional London allowance where work location dictates)
- A permanent role, right from the outset, where you’ll be taught and developed from the ground up with real responsibilities
- Professional qualifications aligned to your role:
- Year 1: Level 3 Insurance Practitioner & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- Years 2 & 3: Level 4 Insurance Professional & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- Year 1: Providing Financial Services & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- Years 2 & 3: Modern Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services and Insurance Technical & Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications
- A caring, welcoming culture complete with wellbeing programmes, flexible working and an in-built support network
- A holiday allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to five additional days
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
The recruitment process:
We will assess your strengths as well as looking at how well you connect with our values throughout the process. The process itself involves:
- Making an online application – this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial CV screen, you’ll be sent some online tests
- Pass these, and you’ll be asked to complete a video assessment
- And if you do well in these, the next step is an online interview
- If you are successful then you will start in September!
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/04/2021
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...