You will be working as a member of a friendly kitchen team whose aim is to ensure our guests are treated really well, and enjoy the Bill’s experience. You will need an eye for detail and a passion for food. You will be working in a busy kitchen environment with the opportunity to learn from our experienced kitchen teams.
The position will be shift work therefore you must be able to work evenings and weekends. Shifts will vary, the restaurant will be open 7 days a week with early starts and late finishes. There may be the opportunity to work over the minimum 30 hours. Total hours per week: 30.00.
14 months apprenticeship.
All About You. Your career and working the Bill's way
- You’re always a Bill’s ambassador, and we expect the highest standards of behavior at all times.
- Show your individuality. Work to our standards, but also let your personality shine
- Bill’s kitchens can get busy, do your best to stay calm when you are feeling under pressure.
- If you do make mistakes, admit to them and learn from them. Don’t forget you can always ask for help.
- You may be asked to attend training sessions to support you and your development. At Bill’s, we like people who are keen to learn and develop.
You and your team, Looking after each other and our guests
- Be sensitive to others and aware of the impact what you are saying might have. Always behave with other team members and guests in an honest, polite and friendly way.
- Be warm and approachable, always greet and bid farewell to all guests in a friendly manner.
- Make an effort to get to know your team and work together. Be flexible and help others where needed.
- Exceed expectations at all times, ensuring our guests receive the high standard of food that they expect from the Bill’s.
Your work and Making Bill's the best it can be
You will be responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety at all times, including:
- The safety of yourself and your team Ensuring your section and surrounding areas are kept clean at all times as per the daily and weekly cleaning rota.
- Adhering to all standards of safety, hygiene & cleanliness as laid down by the law and COSHH guidelines.
- Reporting any faulty equipment or any other matters that could affect the health and safety of you, or others, to the Senior Chef.
- Report any accidents to the Senior Chef as soon as possible.
- Always follow the training you have been given.
- Be attentive to detail and take action when things aren’t right. Ensure that the presentation and quality of all food you prepare and serve is in line with current recipes and specifications.
- Manage your time effectively throughout your shift, ensuring all opening/closing duties are carried out and signed for on the daily duties list.
- Stay focused on your goals, ensuring you: -Prepare and serve the guests orders promptly and as per the menu specifications -Carry out the mise-en-place of the grill section before each shift according to the specifications -Liaise with
- the Senior Chef regarding daily stock control and rotation.
- Strive to be the best – in your own work and assisting in the training of new team members.
- You play a part in the success of the restaurant and you will be asked to attend department and general staff meetings to share information and always keep you updated to ensure that you and Bill’s is being the best it can be.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/07/2018
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.