About the employer
TrAC is a shared apprenticeship scheme employing apprentices and placing them with host companies so that they can get the necessary experience to pass their apprenticeship.
An apprenticeship will give you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to apply for a job in the area you have trained in.
We will give you support to progress into employment, education or further training towards the end of your apprenticeship.
Shift patterns which will change each week. You should expect to work evenings and weekends which is essential for this role. Total hours per week: 40.00
Main responsibilities will include:
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the kitchen
- To follow the cleaning rota for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated
- Accept and store delivery
- To prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef
- To carry out daily, weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labelling, dating and storage.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or it's equipment and report any problem to a chef, deputy manager or general manager
- To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit
- To attend regular performance reviews
- To understand and have a working knowledge of all current health and safety legislation and food hygiene legislation and to be conversant with the rules contained therein
- To participant in the HACCP procedure according to the company's Food Safety document
- To maintain the correct use of all cleaning products
- To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie
- Carry out instructions given by the management team
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/11/2018
£148.00 - £168.00 p/w
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.